The VirtuaWin team is pleased to announce the release of v4.0.1 of VirtuaWin – virtual desktop manager for Windows.
Download VirtuaWin 4.0.1
Download VirtuaWin 4.0.1 (with Unicode support)
Download VirtuaWin 4.0.1 (portable version)
A complete list of changes are available on the download page as well as in the HISTORY.TXT file that accompanies the install. The complete source code for the 4.0.1 release is available here: VirtuaWin 4.0.1 source code.
After you’ve installed 4.0.1 come visit us on the VirtuaWin forum!
This should be the only beta release of v4.0.1, can all users who raised issues with v4.0 please verify that it has been resolved in v4.0.1.
Also, can all users of this beta version please check that the on-line ehelp works on their system (help has been changed to new chm MS Html help based file).
New to this release is a portable version; simply download, unzip and run (and yes it really is less than 95Kb).
This version has:
* 1924256 Moved the on-line help over to MS HTML help (chm).
* 1938548 Fixed systray icon tooltip when VW is disabled.
* 1936226 Up-dated Setup About copyright to 2008
* 1926893 Fixed ignore activation event flashing all linked windows.
* 1930012 Fixed hidden explorer activation issue.
* 1928095 Added WM_CLOSE message handler prompting user if they want VW to exit
* 1926902 Fixed link window logic bug in window list menu.
* 1923412 Added hotkeys for moving windows Left right up down and added enable toggle hotkey command.
* 1917996 Fixed hiding of FeedReader when maximized
* 1915723 Documented retirement of VW_WINLIST module message
* 1919023 Changed compact window list column cycling so all columns can be accessed
* 1921289 Changed the location of hidden VW window to avoid problem with Multimon
* 1926160 Stored flag for forced unmanaged windows and made its children unmanaged.
* 1926899 Added new VW_WINMANAGE module message to allow modules to force VW to (not) manage a window
See HISTORY.TXT for a full list of changes and our main support page (http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/support.php) for more information on test versions.